Best Western Butner Creedmoor Inn
2578 W Lyon Station Road, Creedmoor, NC 27522-7308
Phone: 919/575-5942 | Fax: 919/582-9425 | 50 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Ask about our special event rates!
Discover this affordable Creedmoor hotel, just minutes from Creedmoor Lake, Duke University and the Triangle SportsPlex!
The Best Western Butner Creedmoor Inn is a quality hotel perfect for both business and leisure travelers! Situated on Exit 191 off of Interstate 85 in North Carolina, this Creedmoor hotel is rated #1 in its area on Trip Advisor®! We are proud to offer the best in customer service and accommodation.
We are the closest Best Western to Durham which is only a few miles away! Guests will also be close to a variety of local events including horse shows, shooting competitions, baseball tournaments, Duke University graduations, the Fox Hunt Competition and Fishers of Men National Tournament. Corporate travelers staying at this hotel in Creedmoor will enjoy the convenient access to Altec® Industries, the FCC, state offices and the local prison.
Favorite attractions include Falls Lake, the Duke Botanical Gardens and the North Carolina State Fairgrounds.
This Creedmoor North Carolina hotel features great amenities such as an outdoor swimming pool, fitness center, business center and meeting facilities. A complimentary full hot breakfast is available each morning. Here, guests will enjoy spaciously-appointed guest rooms complete with a refrigerator, microwave, cable satellite television and free wireless high-speed Internet access, along with many other amenities.
Experience the best of Creedmoor at the Best Western Butner Creedmoor Inn! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke free hotel
- Complimentary full breakfast, we serve 5 hot items for breakfast: waffles, pancakes, biscuits, sausage and eggs. We also serve bagels and cream cheese, a variety of breads, butters and jams, an assortment of pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, grits and much more!
- Outdoor pool Our outdoor pool offers a unique privacy to our guests given the beautiful brick walls that surround it. It is open seasonally from 10am to 8pm. Complimentary pool towels are provided. All children must be accompanied as no lifeguard is available.
- Exercise facility, open from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Universal gym
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Guest laundry
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless internet access
- Business center, printing charges may apply
- Fax services, additional charges may apply
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Secretarial services
- Conference services
- Mail services, mail drop, postal services with additional charges
- Meeting facilities, has a whiteboard and a flip chart on an easle available.
- Conference facilities, has a whiteboard and a flip chart on an easle available.
- Meeting/Conference Center on premises
- Hearing impaired services, one device available upon request
- Physically challenged facilities We have two types of accessible king rooms. One accessible room has an accessible tub and the other has an accessible standing shower.
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible We have a handicap lift which is accessible and can assist in traveling from the first floor to the second floor of the hotel. However, accessible guestrooms are all located on the first floor so use of this lift is minimal, if at all.
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Network/Internet printing
- Compimentary newspapers available in the looby Monday - Friday
Best Western Butner Creedmoor Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western butner creedmoor inn in Creedmoor.
Best Western Butner Creedmoor Inn
Conveniently located, the best western butner creedmoor inn in Creedmoor, North Carolina is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 36.150815 / Latitude: -78.724535
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 85 South. Take Exit 191, at the ramp make a right turn. After two blocks the Best Western Butner Creedmoor Inn is on your right.
From: Interstate 85 North. Take Exit 191, at the ramp make left, at the light make a right. After two blocks, the Best Western Butner Creedmoor Inn is on your right.
From: Raleigh-Durham Internatio From Terminal Boulevard take North Aviation Parkway to Interstate 540 East 2.30 miles. Take Highway 70 West towards Durham to get on Interstate 85 North 7.00 miles. Take I-85 North 12.00 miles to Exit 191, at the ramp make a left to cross I-85. At the light make a right. After two blocks, the Best Western Butner Creedmoor Inn is on your right.
Best Western Butner Creedmoor Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Cameron Indoor Stadium
On the campus of Duke University you'll find Cameron Indoor Stadium, home of the Duke basketball since 1940.
As you explore Durham, a pleasant city nestled neatly between Burlington and Raleigh, don't miss out on a charming tour of the campus come game-day. Make the drive in and experience men's and women's Blue Devil basketball.
Cameron Indoor Stadium is a legendary arena on the college sports landscape. Named for former coach Eddie Cameron, Cameron Indoor Stadium seats 9,314 fans (the "Cameron Crazies," as they are called), and plays host to men's and women's basketball, along with men's and women's volleyball.
Enjoy your time exploring the Piedmont region of NC with an exciting visit to Durham and Cameron Indoor Stadium.
For the art aficionados visiting Creedmoor in North Carolina’s northern Piedmont Region, the Cedar Creek Gallery is the answer. Created in 1968 on a former tobacco field, the gallery started as one building, and has since expanded to over 10 structures.
Cedar Creek Gallery offers space for onsite, resident artists producing pottery, blown glass, and more. Events include the National Teapot Show, the Spring Festival, the Fall Festival, and the Art of the State show.
The Cedar Creek Gallery campus is also home to the Museum of American Pottery.
Whether you're a solo traveler on the road seeking adventures, or a family out on a summer getaway, there's always much to see and do in North Carolina. From all the unique cultural offerings NC can yield, to the kid-friendly destinations, and even some Civil War sites – NC never disappoints. Head to the Piedmont region for exciting college basketball this season.
In Chapel Hill, be sure to check out the very famous and always raucous Dean E. Smith Student Activities Center – otherwise known as, the Dean Smith Center. This basketball venue has been home of the UNC Tar Heels basketball teams since it opened in 1986. It can seat 21,750 fans, and is named in honor of legendary UNC coach Dean Smith.
Explore the Duke University Campus
Established in 1838 by Quakers and Methodists, Duke University is a top, private institution in the state of North Carolina.
Duke was known originally as the Brown School, then the Union Institute, the Normal College, and then Trinity College – all of those name changes occurred from 1838 to 1924, when the school officially became Duke.
When you explore Duke, be sure to visit Duke Chapel, one of the most iconic buildings on campus, seating almost 1,600 people. The Levine Science Research Center is one of the largest buildings on campus, and the Sarah P. Duke Gardens are an ideal destination for a relaxing walk or bird watching.
Duke is well known national for it's sports programs – the Blue Devils cary a large following thanks, in part, to their basketball team. Make your way to Cameron Indoor Stadium in the fall or winter for an exciting college basketball game.
Opened in 1995, Durham Bulls Athletic Park is a minor league baseball stadium set in the city of Durham in North Carolina’s Piedmont region. Home field to the Durham Balls, the AAA affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays, the park comfortably seats 10,000 fans on game day.
The ballpark is also known as a collegiate ballpark, serving as home field for the Duke Blue Devils and North Carolina Central Eagles. Be on the look out for the Durham Bull sign, modeled after a prop from the movie "Bull Durham."
Established in 1981, the Falls Lake State Recreation Area covers an area of over 5,000 acres in north-central North Carolina’s Piedmont Region near the city of Creedmore. The massive park surrounds the 12,000-acre Falls Lake, and offers plenty of outdoor recreation.
Managed by the North Carolina Division of Parks and Recreation, Falls Lake offers hiking on the Mountains-to-Sea Trail, mountain biking on the Beaver Dam bike trails, and canoeing and kayaking on Falls Lake. There is also five swimming beaches, horseback riding trails, and plenty of picnic spots.
Visitors can also check out Rock Cliff Farm, found on the National Register of Historic Places.
Baseball games in North Carolina are always sure to thrill the whole family. Plan your next visit to the Tar Heel State and head for Durham, where you can catch the Duke Blue Devils crush homers and round the bases. The Duke University baseball team plays all home games at Jack Coombs Field, found on campus right next to Cameron Indoor Stadium.
Opened for play in 1931, Jack Coombs Field can seat 2,000 fans – it was renovated in 2001 and 2011. The playing surface at Jack Coombs Field is a mix of infield dirt and AstroTurf GameDay Grass. This stadium is named in honor of former Duke baseball coach Jack Coombs. The Duke baseball season starts up in late February and rolls through May.
There are many impressive ways to make the most of your next stay in North Carolina. A long list of family-friendly fun awaits, golf courses here are as impressive as any other place in the country, and the Civil War sites are a must for history buffs. No matter the reason for a visit, though, be sure to check out the James Mangum House near Creedmoor.
Plan your next visit to the Piedmont region of NC and head for Falls Lake State Recreation Area. Here, you'll find the very impressive and historic Mangum House – just along the eastern shoreline of Beaverdam Lake. The Mangum House in NC features Federal architecture, and it was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.
Of the many impressive and must-see attractions in North Carolina – and the list is long – the one you'll for sure want to explore during your next trip into the Piedmont Region is Kenan Memorial Stadium. Found in Chapel Hill, on the University of North Carolina Campus, Kenan Memorial Stadium plays host to all UNC Tar Heels football games.
Kenan Memorial Stadium has been the home of Tar Heels football since it opened in 1927. It's original seating capacity was a mere 24,000, but today, after a slew of renovations and expansions, it can seat 63,000 raucous 'Heels fans. Make the drive in from nearby Garner or Creedmoor during the late summer and into fall for exciting UNC Tar Heels football games.
The Dean Smith Center at UNC
When you visit Chapel Hill in the Piedmont region of North Carolina, make sure you set aside time to explore the University of North Carolina.
A public university and the flagship of the entire University of North Carolina System (17 total schools), UNC was established in 1789 and began enrolling students in 1795.
Some of the campus highlights include the statue of Silent Sam, a confederate soldier, the Morehead Planetarium, which first opened in 1949, and the Old Well.
UNC carries a large fan base when it comes to its sports teams. The UNC Tar Heels feature 27 varsity level teams competing across major sports like football, basketball, baseball, and soccer.
During the fall, make your way to Kenan Memorial Stadium and check out an exciting Tar Heels football game.
On a winter or early spring visit to Chapel Hill, head for Dean E. Smith Student Activities Center for Tar Heels hoops. Drive in from Creedmor and check out UNC.
With an always-raucous environment fueled by the 40,000-seat capacity, Wallace Wade Stadium is a premier college football destination in North Carolina. Head for Durham, in the Piedmont region, and you'll find this impressive horse shoe-shaped stadium on the Duke University campus, a short drive from Creedmoor.
Opened in 1929, Wallace Wade Stadium featured an original seating capacity of 35,000 when it was named Duke Stadium. Over the years, a number of renovations and expansions have helped to elevate Wallace Wade Stadium, renamed in 1967, to one of the best college football experiences in the country. Plan your visit for late summer and into the fall.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 13.00 mile(s) from Northgate Mall theater, five screen theater
- 15.00 mile(s) from Duke Botanical Garden, nationally recognized, state owned botanical garden
- 16.00 mile(s) from Museum Life and Science, an interactive science park that includes a science center, a butterfly conservatory which is one of the largest in the world and beautifully-landscaped outdoor exhibits which are safe havens for rescued black bears, lemurs, and endangered red wolves.
- 18.00 mile(s) from Frankies, amusement park with go carts, slides, bumper cars and much, much more.
- 18.00 mile(s) from Brier Creek Theater, six screen theater at Brier Creek Mall with food and shops
- 25.00 mile(s) from North Carolina State Fairgrounds, seasonal activities
- 0.20 mile(s) from Dutchville Village
- 3.00 mile(s) from Advance Auto Parts, auto parts store
- 4.00 mile(s) from Gil Man Florist, local florist
- 4.00 mile(s) from Radio Shack, electronics parts and instruments store
- 8.00 mile(s) from Glen School Road Shopping
- 10.00 mile(s) from Oxford Shopping Center
- 10.00 mile(s) from Northgate Mall
- 18.00 mile(s) from Crabtree Valley Mall
- 20.00 mile(s) from Southpoint Mall
- 21.00 mile(s) from Burlington Outlet Malls
- 40.00 mile(s) from High Point, furniture market, manufacturers
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 1.50 mile(s) from Creedmoor Lake, paddle boats, fishing pier and play ground
- 1.70 mile(s) from Lake Rogers Fishing, Lake Rogers has a boat launch, pier fishing, concessions, and picnic shelter. The major game fish is crappie with good numbers harvested annually.
- 2.00 mile(s) from North State Shooting Club, all events are open to the public.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Butner Lake, fishing, boat ramp and picnic area
- 7.00 mile(s) from Falls Lake, state owned recreational park, boating, fishing and beach area
- 12.00 mile(s) from Triangle SportPlex, offers ice skating, Olympic size pool, fitness center, video arcade and fishing pond
- 12.00 mile(s) from State recreational park, picnic park with fishing pier
- Across the street from Fuji, Full Service, Japanese, Open for: lunch, dinner, serves Japanese and American food, live band, parties
- 0.20 mile(s) from Hardee's, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 0.30 mile(s) from KFC, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.30 mile(s) from McDonald's, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 0.40 mile(s) from Wendy's, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.40 mile(s) from Subway, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.40 mile(s) from Taste of China, Full Service, Chinese, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.50 mile(s) from Burger King, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 0.50 mile(s) from Pergamon, Full Service, Mediterranean, Open for: lunch, dinner, locally famous restaurant serving Mediterranean/Italian cuisine, bar, live music every other weekend
- 0.80 mile(s) from Bob's Barbeque, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.80 mile(s) from Sonic Drive-In, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 3.00 mile(s) from Pizza Hut, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 4.00 mile(s) from Bob's Pizza & Subs, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from Barbeque Barn, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 10.00 mile(s) from Texas Road House, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 10.00 mile(s) from Ruby Tuesday, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner
Best Western Butner Creedmoor Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Creedmoor. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean