BEST WESTERN Hickory
1520 13th Avenue Drive SE, Hickory, NC 28602-5183
Phone: 828/323-1150 | Fax: 828/324-8979 | 118 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
BEST WESTERN Hickory is the perfect location for guests to enjoy adventure, the great outdoors and small town charm all within minutes of each other.
Hickory Motor Speedway, the local race track, is a big draw. Our Hickory hotel is conveniently located close to all of the local attractions. Whether you prefer relaxation or you're an adrenaline junkie, there's something for everyone nearby. Our hotel near the Blue Ridge Parkway makes it easy to enjoy the scenic drive and get back to nature.
BEST WESTERN Hickory is near the Hickory Furniture Mart, making shopping easy. Many of the guests at our Hickory hotel are in the region to find some one-of-a-kind treasures. From local sporting events to the popular Hickory Furniture Mart, it's the perfect region for a family vacation. Enjoy great proximity to shopping at Valley Hills Mall or pack the good camera and take advantage of a relaxing scenic drive.
Lake Hickory is a hot spot during the summer months for water recreation. During the fall season, the region is really known for the epic Oktoberfest. The Hickory Motor Speedway is the birthplace of NASCAR, and there are always exciting events happening on the tracks. Whether you're in town for a special event, visiting family or just getting away from it all, you deserve a Hickory hotel that puts guests first.
The Hickory Metro Convention Center is a hub for events and business travelers. Corning, Apple Inc., Lee Industries and Merchants Distributors Incorporated (MDI) are all companies that frequently require employees to travel to the Hickory Metro area from out of state. If you're here on business, depend on our hotel to provide you with comfortable, quiet accommodations so you can take care of business.
Book your well-appointed, cozy room at BEST WESTERN Hickory today! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- Complimentary continental breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, eggs, yogurt, juice, coffee and hot items, deluxe continental breakfast
- Outdoor pool
- Exercise facility, 24 Hour elliptical machine and strength building station
- Universal gym
- Stationary bike
- 24-hour front desk
- Interior/Exterior corridor
- Dry cleaning, same day cleaning available
- Express check out
- Late check out if requested and when available
- Safe deposit box
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless Internet access; All guest rooms are hardwired for Internet access
- Business center, 24 Hour
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy services
- Photocopy machine
- Conference facilities
- Sunbathing, seasonal
- Hearing impaired services, TDD equipment available at front desk
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Complimentary newspaper, complimentary copies of USA Today available in lobby
BEST WESTERN Hickory
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western hickory in Hickory.
BEST WESTERN Hickory
Conveniently located, the best western hickory in Hickory, North Carolina is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 35.711185 / Latitude: -81.307965
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 40, east-bound. Interstate 40 East to Exit 125, Lenoir-Rhyne Boulevard. Turn right at end of ramp and immediately cross traffic to the left turn lane at the first traffic signal. Turn left onto 13th Avenue Drive Southeast (beside Outback Steakhouse). The Best Western of Hickory is just ahead, on the right.
From: Highway 321. Highway 321 to Interstate 40 East. Take Interstate 40 to Exit 125, Lenoir-Rhyne Boulevard. Turn right at end of ramp and immediately cross traffic to the left turn lane at the first traffic signal. Turn left onto 13th Avenue Drive Southeast (beside Outback Steakhouse). The Best Western of Hickory is just ahead, on the right.
From: Interstate 40, west-bound. Interstate 40 West to Exit 125, Lenoir-Rhyne Boulevard. Turn left at end of ramp and remain in the left-most lane. At second traffic signal, turn left onto 13th Avenue Drive Southeast (beside Outback Steakhouse). The Best Western of Hickory is just ahead, on the right.
BEST WESTERN Hickory
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Found inside Hickory Furniture Mart, the Catawba Valley Furniture Museum is located in Hickory in the Piedmont Region of western North Carolina. The museum covers Catawba Valley’s industrial heritage in furniture construction.
Visitors can check out the Catawba woodworking shop, and browse collections of historic tools and furnishings along the tour – ideal for history buffs.
Found in the town of Hickory in North Carolina’s Piedmont region, the Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure is a unique opportunity for race fans to get behind the wheel and take a few laps like some of their favorite NASCAR drivers.
Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure lets drivers take anywhere from three to 60 laps on some of the racings most famed raceways, including Talladega Superspeedway, Phoenix International Raceway, Texas Motor Speedway, and more. Hop in and drive actual cars used in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at speeds up to 170 miles per hour.
Constructed in 1887, the Harper House & Hickory History Center is located in Hickory in the Piedmont Region of western North Carolina. Harper House is an ideal example of Queen Anne-style interior design.
Closed Mondays, the Harper House offers tours at $5 per person – while the neighboring Bonniwell-Lyerly House features free tours. A staple of Hickory heritage – the Hickory History Center is a great stop for history lovers.
Originally the .5-mile dirt track, the speedway is also nicknamed the "The World's Most Famous Short Track." Seating over 13,200 race fans, the Hickory Motor Speedway plays host to major events like the USARacing Pro Cup Series, and the NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour.
Established in 1944, the Hickory Museum of Art is located in downtown Hickory, set in the Piedmont Region of western North Carolina. HMA is North Carolina’s second oldest museum, and houses 19th, 20th, and 21st-century American art.
The Hickory Museum of Art is part of downtown’s SALT Block along with other cultural sites like the Catawba Science Center, the Patrick Beaver Library, and the Western Piedmont Symphony.
Set along Interstate 40, L. P. Frans Stadium is owned and operated by Hickory Baseball, Inc. In addition to hosting the minor league Crawdads baseball team since 1993, the stadium is also the home field of the Catawba Valley Stars of the Great South League.
Also known as the Piedmont & Western Railroad Club, the Old Rock School Railway Museum is located in Valdese in western North Carolina. The museum is housed in the historic Old Rock School in historic downtown Valdese.
Open during normal business hours, PWRR Museum features exhibits on the area’s railway heritage. Set along Main Street – or US Highway 70 – the museum is also open during the annual Waldensian Festival in August, and the Valdese Christmas Parade in December.
Set along the Waldensian Trail of Faith, the Waldensian Heritage Museum & Gift Shop is located in Valdese in the Piedmont Region of western North Carolina. The museum is open Tuesday through Friday, with tours at 11 a.m., 2 p.m., or by appointment.
Found at Rodoret Street and St. Germain Avenue, the museum covers Waldensian heritage – including architecture, artifacts, furnishings, and tools. The site is owned and operated by the Waldensian Presbyterian Church.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.25 mile(s) from Hickory Metro Convention
- 4.00 mile(s) from Catawba Science Center
- 4.00 mile(s) from Hickory Museum of Art
- 0.25 mile(s) from Piedmont Center
- 5.00 mile(s) from Union Square (Downtown)
- 6.00 mile(s) from Hickory Motor Speedway
- 6.30 mile(s) from Riverbend Park
- 7.00 mile(s) from L.P. Frans Stadium, home of the Hickory Crawdads!
- 8.00 mile(s) from Lake Hickory
- 9.00 mile(s) from Clement Center
- 10.00 mile(s) from Bunker Hill Bridge
- 10.60 mile(s) from Baker's Mountain Park
- 33.20 mile(s) from Lake Norman
- 42.00 mile(s) from Blue Ridge Parkway
- 48.00 mile(s) from Blowing Rock
- 1.00 mile(s) from Valley Hills Mall
- 1.50 mile(s) from Valley Corner
- 1.50 mile(s) from Hickory Furniture Mart
- 1.50 mile(s) from Hickory Ridge
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- 9.00 mile(s) from Rock Barn Spa & Golf Club
- 35.00 mile(s) from seasonal skiing
- Choose from a wide selection of restaurants near this Hickory, North Carolina hotel.
- Adjacent to J & S Cafeteria, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch,
- 0.50 mile(s) from Iron Thunder Saloon, bar/lounge, American, Open for: lunch,
- 0.50 mile(s) from Outback Steakhouse, bar/lounge, Steak House, open for: lunch,
- 0.50 mile(s) from Zaxby's, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch,
- 0.50 mile(s) from Hooters, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch,
- 0.50 mile(s) from Tripps, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.75 mile(s) from Cracker Barrel, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch,
- 1.00 mile(s) from Kobe Japanese, bar/lounge, Japanese, open for: lunch,
- 1.00 mile(s) from Wild Wok, bar/lounge, Japanese, open for: lunch,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Texas Roadhouse, bar/lounge, Steak House, open for: lunch,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Chili's, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Applebee's, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Longhorn Steakhouse, bar/lounge, Steak House, open for: lunch,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Ruby Tuesday, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, serving brunch on Sunday, starting at 9:00 a.m.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Buffalo Wild Wings, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch,
- 2.00 mile(s) from McDonald's®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Chik-Fil-A, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, closed on Sunday.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Wendy's, fast food, American, open for: lunch,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Bojangle's, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Kentucky Fried Chicken, fast food, American, open for: lunch,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Back Yard Burgers, fast food, American, open for: lunch,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Jack in the Box, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Chuck E. Cheese, fast food, American, open for: lunch,
BEST WESTERN Hickory
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Hickory. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Carolina Hurricanes vs. NY Islanders
Enjoy an exciting hockey display in Raleigh. Head for the PNC Arena on March 26th and watch as the Carolina Hurricanes face off with the NY Islanders. Game time is 7 p.m., and tickets range from $30 to $325.
Odes to Common Things: Celebrating Pablo Neruda
Visit the Greensboro Central Library on April 4th and check out Odes to Common Things: Celebrating Pablo Neruda. Community luminaries will read works by the Chilean poet. The readings commence at 7 p.m.
John Rosemond Parenting Conference
In Huntersville, be sure to check out the John Rosemond Parenting Conference on April 10th. Hosted at the Harvest Community Church from 2:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., this event is arguably the premier spring event in the area.
Spring Plant Sale
Attention all greenthumbs – mark your calendars for April 15th and 16th. It's the annual Spring Plant Sale held at the UNC Charlotte Botanical Gardens.
2016 Showdown at the Dirt Track
The TORC Series hosts rounds nine and 10 at the Charlotte Motor Speedway: The Dirt Track in Charlotte this summer. Get your tickets today.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean