Best Western of Murphy
1522 Andrews Road, Murphy, NC 28906-5113
Phone: +1 828-837-3060 | Fax: 828/837-9326 | 54 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
This friendly Murphy hotel offers easy access to hiking, fishing, mountain biking, Trail of Tears, Tail of the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway. Limited pet friendly rooms (with extra fee) available-call ahead.
A stay at this cozy Best Western of Murphy hotel offers many amenities - enjoy cable satellite television, free wireless Internet, a refrigerator, an in-room safe and a mountain view. Wake up feeling refreshed and enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast - including pancakes, coffee, fruit and more - each day. After getting the right start to your day, you'll be ready to explore the area. Not sure what to do or where to go? Our friendly staff will go out of their way to ensure you have the best experience possible.
Explore the shops and cafes of historic downtown Murphy, just a few minutes away. Discover the rich history and gorgeous scenery of the area at Trail of Tears, Fires Creek Recreation, Joyce Kilmer Forest and Blue Ridge Parkway.
If you're looking for fun and adventure, Harrah's Casino is only 1 mile away and local winery tours, zip lines, world class whitewater rafting. Motorcyclists can explore the open road while staying at the rider-friendly Best Western of Murphy. Tail of the Dragon offers 318 curves in 11 miles, making it a well-known biker trail and Cherohala Skyway features beautiful views of the National Forest. Those traveling on business are ensured a productive trip, as Snap-on® Tools, MGM Brakes and Murphy Medical Center are all within seven miles.
Not only will you have access to so much close to this Murphy hotel, but you can also relax and unwind on site. Splash around in our sparkling outdoor pool or sunbathe on our serene sundeck. This Murphy, NC hotel also offers many other amenities, including a business center, a 24-hour front desk and free parking.
Contact hotel for availability if traveling with a pet.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Complimentary continental breakfast, selection of cereals, fruit, pancakes, breakfast sandwich, juice, milk, tea, coffee
- Outdoor pool enjoy sunbathing in one of our comfortable lounge chairs. seasonal
- 24-hour front desk
- Complimentary breakfast
- Free outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking 24 hours
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Outdoor parking
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax services, charge per page
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Cable or satellite television
- Mail services Front Desk delivers to post office daily
- Ice/vending machines
- Late check out 12:00 noon check-out available upon request
- Exter corridor
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Safe deposit box Safe in each room
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless internet access
- Computer available
- Sunbathing by seasonal pool
- Physically challenged services Portable shower bench
- Hearing impaired services check with front desk for tty equipment
- USA Today and local paper available in the lobby
- High-speed Internet access, hardwire and wireless
Best Western of Murphy
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western of murphy in Murphy.
Best Western of Murphy
Conveniently located, the best western of murphy in Murphy, North Carolina is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 35.108775 / Latitude: -84.009345
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: All directions. The Best Western of Murphy is located on 19-129-74 across from Walmart®.
From: Atlanta. Go north on I-75 to I-575. Continue north on I-575, which becomes 515, until Blairsville. Go north on US 129, go left at the fifth traffic light, then left at stop sign to the Best Western of Murphy.
From: Chattanooga. Go north on I-75 to Cleveland, TN. Then go east on US 64 to Murphy and head north on US 129/19/74, go left at the fifth traffic light, then turn left at stop sign to the Best Western of Murphy.
From: Asheville. Go west on I-40 to Waynesville and then go south on US 74 to Murphy. Turn right at the first light, then left at the stop sign to the Best Western of Murphy.
Best Western of Murphy
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Set in the Great Smoky Mountains, the Fields of the Wood Bible Park is a family theme park located in Murphy in the southwestern North Carolina Mountains. Home to the World's Largest Ten Commandments, the Bible Park is free of charge.
Fields of the Wood Bible Park is a massive park open daily in the Nantahala National Forest. Other features include the world’s largest altar, cross, and New Testament – plus a 30-foot-tall bible and a replica of Christ’s tomb.
Explore the Iconic Great Smoky Mountains
Visit one of the most iconic outdoor destinations in the country. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park in the Blue Ridge Mountains of the Appalachian Mountain chain, is the border between North Carolina and Tennessee.
The park was dedicated in 1940 by President Franklin D. Roosevelt and is comprised of 814 square miles of protected land.
It remains the most visited national park in America. Stop by the Oconaluftee Visitors' Center near Cherokee, to pick up a trail guide for exploring the 850 miles of hiking and backpacking trails.
Wildlife in the park includes 200 species of birds, 50 species of fish, 66 species of mammals and 39 species of reptiles.
This Western North Carolina park is home to over 1,800 black bear. Stay in the charming city of Maggie Valley for breathtaking park views, visit the Clingmans Dome observation tower, the highest point in the park.
Constructed in 1925, the John C. Campbell Folk School is set near Murphy in the southwestern North Carolina Mountains. Found specifically in Brasstown in the Great Smoky Mountains, Folk School is an adult, non-profit education center.
Folk School classes include basketry, weaving, soap-making, cooking, dance, writing, and much more, while the campus features a museum, nature trails, and plenty of crafts for sale. Folk School is both a U.S. Historic district and listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 2.00 mile(s) from Historic downtown Murphy
- 1 mile(s) from Valley River Casino, A new Harrah's Cherokee Casino in Murphy. Opened late fall of 2015, it provides both electronic and live games.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Trail of Tears, the route taken by the Army when it removed the Cherokee from their homes in NC - historic sites
- 40.00 mile(s) from Tail of the Dragon, 318 Curves in 11 miles - a Motorcycle must! Internationally known Biker trail
- 20.00 mile(s) from Fires Creek Recreation, waterfall at parking lot, handicap accessible picnic/hiking, hiking trails, Horseback riding trails
- 3.00 mile(s) from Flea Market, an early bird Tuesday flea market plus huge weekend markets
- 20.00 mile(s) from Fields of the Woods, a free Bible theme park with the Ten Commandments imbedded into the side of a mountain
- 15.00 mile(s) from Historic downtown Andrews
- 25.00 mile(s) from Zip Line Tours, through the canopy at both the Ocoee and Nantahala Rivers by Wildwater
- 25.00 mile(s) from Cherohala Skyway, one of the most beautiful drives/rides through the National Forest - scenic views
- 40.00 mile(s) from Joyce Kilmer Forest, the only fully protected old growth forest in the Eastern United States - a truly spiritual experience to visit
- 30.00 mile(s) from Brasstown Bald
- 25.00 mile(s) from WagonMaster Adventure Ran, wagon rides, miniature golf, arcade, childrens activities
- 60.00 mile(s) from Great Smoky Mountain Nati
- 60.00 mile(s) from Blue Ridge Parkway
- 60.00 mile(s) from Harrah's Cherokee Casino, world class casino located on the Cherokee Indian Reservation
- 60.00 mile(s) from Cherokee Indian Reservati, Oconaluftee Indian Village
- 25.00 mile(s) from Georgia Mountain Fair, twice yearly event that features world class music, crafts and educational booths
- 0.01 mile(s) from WalMart® Super Center
- 0.01 mile(s) from Shopping Centre, Shopping center adjacent to property - various stores
- 0.50 mile(s) from Westgate Plaza, Various stores
- 0.50 mile(s) from Ingles Plaza, Various stores in shopping center
- 1.00 mile(s) from Lowes, Home improvement center
- 3.00 mile(s) from Downtown Murphy, Antique stores, boutiques, book stores, historic district
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 1.00 mile(s) from Trout fishing, some of the country's best trout streams, both stocked and natural, are within minutes of the hotel
- 2.00 mile(s) from Hiking Trails, from local walking paths along the river to the Appalachian Trail - the area is a hiker's paradise
- 2.00 mile(s) from Biking, mountain biking through the forest or scenic bike tours provide a variety of biking activities
- 4.00 mile(s) from Market on the Square, Farmers & Crafters on the square in downtown Murphy every Saturday morning
- 5.00 mile(s) from Golf, several golf courses are within a short distance of the motel
- 10.00 mile(s) from Flea Markets, Some of the best flea markets in the region - great bargains and great antiques to be found
- 12.00 mile(s) from Horseback riding, riding in a covered wagon or on horseback through the forest - wonderful experiences are yours to remember
- 15.00 mile(s) from Fires Creek, waterfall and picnic area with swimming, hiking, fishing opportunities - handicap accessible Forest Service site
- 15.00 mile(s) from Winery Tours, Tour local vineyards and see wine being made
- 20.00 mile(s) from White Water Rafting, from the Nantahala to the Olympic class Ocoee river - all difficulty levels for all ages
- 25.00 mile(s) from Lake Appalachia, pristine lake nestled in the mountains
- 25.00 mile(s) from Lake Chatuge, bordering NC and Georgia, a great recreational opportunity for all
- 25.00 mile(s) from Cherokee Lake, deep water lake just minutes from the hotel - features handicap accessible picnic and fishing area
- 25.00 mile(s) from Copper Hill Museum, Museum showing historic copper mining activities in area
- 25.00 mile(s) from Canopy Zip Lining, Fly through the canopy on zip lines - great adventure!
- 30.00 mile(s) from Deal's Gap - Dragon Tail, world famous motorcycle ride - 318 curves in 11 miles
- 30.00 mile(s) from Ocoee River, Site of 1996 Olympic whitewater events
- 35.00 mile(s) from Cherohala Skyway, Incredible scenic drive with unlimited mountain views
- 40.00 mile(s) from Off Road Vehicles, US Forest Service's Beasley Knob area offers trails of varying difficulties to off roaders
- 45.00 mile(s) from Brasstown Bald, Highest point in Georgia - View from top is incredible
- 45.00 mile(s) from Model Railroad Museum, Incredible collection of model railroad cars complete with working train setup
- 45.00 mile(s) from Smoky Mountain Railroad, Ride a train through the mountains
- Adjacent to Burger King®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- Adjacent to Brothers, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Fine dining with a family atmosphere; offering an extensive menu of steak, chicken, and seafood dishes.
- Across the street from Taco Bell®, fast food, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.75 mile(s) from Doyle's Cedar Hill, full service, Continental, open for: lunch, dinner. Rated as number one in the local area, features live music in the evening and provides a memorable dining experience. The restaurant maintains a vegetable and herb garden which provides fresh produce for its kitchen. The bar/wine menu is extensive.
- 2.00 mile(s) from McDonald's®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Chop House, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Fine dining with full service bar.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Shoebooties, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, A delicious meal in a comfortable atmosphere. Live music on weekend nights and weekly specials, combined with a full service bar/wine menu makes for a great dining experience.
- 3.00 mile(s) from New Happy Garden, full service, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner, An extensive selection of American and Chinese food is available on the buffet.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Main Street USA, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, A local diner that provides a nutritious meal for a reasonable price. Main Street is where the locals congregate at midday.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Downtown Pizza, buffet, American, open for: lunch, dinner, A locally owned, the buffet provides a variety of pizza toppings to suit any taste.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Pizza Hut®, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Hotel delivery when drivers are available.
- 3.00 mile(s) from No Name Deli, deli, American, open for: lunch,
- 3.00 mile(s) from Royal Waffle King, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 3.00 mile(s) from Monte Alban, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 6.00 mile(s) from Rib Country, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Serving ribs, pork, peef, turkey, chicken and desserts. Take-out & catering always available.
Best Western of Murphy
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Murphy. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean