Best Western Plus Edison Inn
1595 Mechanical Boulevard, Garner, NC 27529-2536
Phone: 919/662-4890 | Fax: 919/662-7660 | 52 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to Best Western Plus Edison Inn!
Hotels near NC State University are ideal for visiting students, faculty or staff, and our Garner hotel provides a great value combined with a perfect location.
If you're looking for hotels near downtown Raleigh with superior customer service, our Garner hotel really delivers. We offer great proximity to downtown Raleigh, there's a training base for the Highway Patrol nearby, and there's fantastic dining in the area. For employees of the NC State Highway Patrol, enjoy convenient access and spacious rooms during your training.
Hotels near Alltel Pavilion provide southern charm and hospitality. Our Garner hotel is near the Raleigh Amphitheater, a number of local businesses, Wake Technical Community College, and the North Carolina State Fairgrounds. During your stay with us, you can expect to be treated like family and enjoy world-class service and amenities. Luxurious bedding awaits in your well-appointed room, and each member of the staff wants to ensure your trip is as comfortable as possible.
Some of our Garner hotel guests are in town for an event at the RBC Center. Others have business at the Progress Energy Center, Research Triangle Park® or First Citizens Bank®. If you're traveling to the region on business, it's important that you have the space and quiet necessary to get your work done. Each of our rooms is well-appointed and provides the quiet guests deserve.
At our Garner hotel, we put the needs of guests first. That's why our location was chosen with easy access in mind, and we only hire the best in the hospitality industry. From check-in until your departure, you can count on us to deliver the kind of service you expect from our Best Western brand.
Reserve your upcoming stay at Best Western Plus Edison Inn and take advantage of unbeatable amenities!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- 100 % smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice and coffee
- Multilingual staff, English and Spanish
- Laundromat No Charge
- Dry cleaning
- Safe deposit box Safes in rooms
- Cable or satellite television HBO®
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy services
- Photocopy machine
- Mail services
- Hearing impaired services available upon request.
- Physically challenged facilities room w/roll-in shower, grab bars
- Parking for the physically challenged Self parking marked
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Weight lifting equipment
- Exercise facility 24 Hour
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Late check out upon request
- Children's activities Children's Book Library
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Truck/RV parking
- High-speed Internet access
Best Western Plus Edison Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus edison inn in Garner.
Best Western Plus Edison Inn
Conveniently located, the best western plus edison inn in Garner, North Carolina is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 35.724165 / Latitude: -78.644725
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The west. Take Interstate 40 East. Take exit 299 at ramp turn right onto Hammond Road. Travel two miles. Turn right onto Mechanical Blouvard. At the four-way intersection, turn right. Best Western Plus Edison Inn is on the right.
From: The east. Take Interstate 40 West to exit 299. From ramp turn left onto Hammond Road. Travel two miles and turn right onto Mechanical Blouvard. At four way intersection, turn right. Travel about 200 feet the Best Western Plus Edison Inn is on the right.
From: The north. Take Interstate 95 South to Interstate 85 North to exit 51. Take US Highway 1 South exit 218 (Henderson/Raleigh), continue straight on US Highway 1 South until it turns into Capital Blvd. Take Interstate 440 Outer Beltline to Interstate 40 East. Take exit 299 at ramp turn left onto Hammond Road. Travel two miles turn right onto Mechanical Blouvard. At four way intersection turn right. Travel about 200 feet the Best Western Plus Edison Inn is on the right.
From: Rocky Mount-Wilson. Take Interstate 64 West to Interstate 440 East. Exit towards Benson/Durham becomes Interstate 40 West. Merge onto Interstate 440 South/Interstate 40 West. Take exit 299 and make a left turn onto Hammond Road. Travel two miles turn right onto Mechanical Blouvard. At four-way intersection turn right travel 200 feet, the Best Western Plus Edison Inn is on the right.
From: Fayetteville Take Interstate 95 North to Interstate 40 West. Take exit 306A to Highway 70 West. Travel five miles and turn right onto Mechanical Boulevard. Travel 200 feet, the Best Western Plus Edison Inn is on the right.
From: The south Take Interstate 85 North to Interstate 40 East. Take exit 299 and turn right onto Hammond Road. Travel tow miles and turn right onto Mechanical Blouvard. At the four-way intersection turn right and travel 200 feet the Best Western Edison Inn is on the right.
Best Western Plus Edison Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Cameron Indoor Stadium
On the campus of Duke University you'll find Cameron Indoor Stadium, home of the Duke basketball since 1940.
As you explore Durham, a pleasant city nestled neatly between Burlington and Raleigh, don't miss out on a charming tour of the campus come game-day. Make the drive in and experience men's and women's Blue Devil basketball.
Cameron Indoor Stadium is a legendary arena on the college sports landscape. Named for former coach Eddie Cameron, Cameron Indoor Stadium seats 9,314 fans (the "Cameron Crazies," as they are called), and plays host to men's and women's basketball, along with men's and women's volleyball.
Enjoy your time exploring the Piedmont region of NC with an exciting visit to Durham and Cameron Indoor Stadium.
Whether you're a solo traveler on the road seeking adventures, or a family out on a summer getaway, there's always much to see and do in North Carolina. From all the unique cultural offerings NC can yield, to the kid-friendly destinations, and even some Civil War sites – NC never disappoints. Head to the Piedmont region for exciting college basketball this season.
In Chapel Hill, be sure to check out the very famous and always raucous Dean E. Smith Student Activities Center – otherwise known as, the Dean Smith Center. This basketball venue has been home of the UNC Tar Heels basketball teams since it opened in 1986. It can seat 21,750 fans, and is named in honor of legendary UNC coach Dean Smith.
Explore the Duke University Campus
Established in 1838 by Quakers and Methodists, Duke University is a top, private institution in the state of North Carolina.
Duke was known originally as the Brown School, then the Union Institute, the Normal College, and then Trinity College – all of those name changes occurred from 1838 to 1924, when the school officially became Duke.
When you explore Duke, be sure to visit Duke Chapel, one of the most iconic buildings on campus, seating almost 1,600 people. The Levine Science Research Center is one of the largest buildings on campus, and the Sarah P. Duke Gardens are an ideal destination for a relaxing walk or bird watching.
Duke is well known national for it's sports programs – the Blue Devils cary a large following thanks, in part, to their basketball team. Make your way to Cameron Indoor Stadium in the fall or winter for an exciting college basketball game.
Opened in 1995, Durham Bulls Athletic Park is a minor league baseball stadium set in the city of Durham in North Carolina’s Piedmont region. Home field to the Durham Balls, the AAA affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays, the park comfortably seats 10,000 fans on game day.
The ballpark is also known as a collegiate ballpark, serving as home field for the Duke Blue Devils and North Carolina Central Eagles. Be on the look out for the Durham Bull sign, modeled after a prop from the movie "Bull Durham."
Of the many impressive and must-see attractions in North Carolina – and the list is long – the one you'll for sure want to explore during your next trip into the Piedmont Region is Kenan Memorial Stadium. Found in Chapel Hill, on the University of North Carolina Campus, Kenan Memorial Stadium plays host to all UNC Tar Heels football games.
Kenan Memorial Stadium has been the home of Tar Heels football since it opened in 1927. It's original seating capacity was a mere 24,000, but today, after a slew of renovations and expansions, it can seat 63,000 raucous 'Heels fans. Make the drive in from nearby Garner or Creedmoor during the late summer and into fall for exciting UNC Tar Heels football games.
See the Campus at NC State University
Head for Raleigh on your next visit to North Carolina and check out the campus of North Carolina State University.
Established in 1887, NC State is a source of great pride in Raleigh – whether it's the iconic landmarks on campus or the NC State Wolfpack sports teams, you'll find plenty to see and do when you visit.
Featuring a large, urban campus of more than 2,000 acres, NC State University is a public institution – it's a land-grant university, a space-grant university, and a sea-grant university.
When you explore the NC State campus, be sure to check out Halladay Hall, the very first building constructed on campus. Don't miss out on viewing the Memorial Tower – built to honor the 33 NC State alumni who fought and died in WWI.
Sports fans find their way to Doak Field during the spring for NC State Wolfpack baseball games, while fall visitors head to Carter-Finley Field for Wolfpack football games.
Established in 1951, the North Carolina Botanical Gardens covers over 700 acres in the North Carolina Piedmont region in Chapel Hill. Home to over 2,500 species of plants native to the Carolinas, the gardens are operated by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
The UNC Botanical Gardens is free and open to public on a daily basis, and now showcases 14 collections and gardens – all starting with the Coker Garden in 1903. Visitors are encouraged to check out the 90-acre Battle Park, the Coastal Plain and Sandhills Habitat Gardens, and the Garden of Flowering Plant Families.
PNC Arena in Raleigh
Opened in 1999, PNC Arena is a multipurpose facility located in Raleigh. Home to the Carolina Hurricanes of the NHL, and the North Carolina State University Wolfpack basketball, PNC Arena is a hub of sports activity in Raleigh and the Piedmont region of NC.
Originally named the Raleigh Entertainment & Sports Arena from 1999-2002, then the RBC Center up until 2012, the PNC Arena makes for a great sports venue. Hockey fans make frequent trips to PNC Arena.
The NC State Wolfpack basketball season tips off in early November and finishes up in March – draw up your travel plans around those times and enjoy exciting college basketball.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 3.98 mile(s) from Harley Drag Racing Museum
- 4.08 mile(s) from Lake Wheeler
- 5.33 mile(s) from Mordecai Historic Park
- 5.58 mile(s) from Carter-Finley Stadium, North Carolina State University Wolf Pack
- 5.88 mile(s) from Raleigh Little Theatre
- 5.88 mile(s) from Theatre in the Park
- 5.94 mile(s) from Lake Johnson
- 5.96 mile(s) from WRAL Azalea Gardens
- 6.41 mile(s) from ALLTEL Pavilion
- 6.65 mile(s) from McKimmon Center
- 6.65 mile(s) from Reynolds Coliseum
- 7.58 mile(s) from Historic Oak View City, Pa
- 8.22 mile(s) from NC State Fairgrounds
- 8.43 mile(s) from Plant Delight Nursery
- 8.49 mile(s) from JC Raulston Arboretum
- 8.71 mile(s) from African American Culture
- 9.97 mile(s) from Crowder District Park
- 9.99 mile(s) from Hemlock Bluffs National
- 3.88 mile(s) from State Farmers Market
- 4.19 mile(s) from White Oak Crossing
- 5.92 mile(s) from Cameron Village Shopping Center
- 9.11 mile(s) from Crossroads Plaza
- 9.54 mile(s) from Crabtree Valley Mall
- 9.85 mile(s) from Cary Towne Center
- 15.95 mile(s) from Triangle Town Center
- 17.23 mile(s) from Prime Outlets Morrisville
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 5.28 mile(s) from Pullen Aquatic Center
- 7.41 mile(s) from Walnut Creek Softball Complex
- 18.80 mile(s) from Cary Tennis Center
- Across the street from Moonrunners Saloon, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Sports bar. Guests receive 10% off meal when presenting hotel key to cashier.
- Across the street from Ragazzi's Italian, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, Guests receive 10% off meal when presenting hotel key to cashier.
- 0.36 mile(s) from Denny's®, cafe, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Guests receive 10% off meal when presenting hotel key to cashier.
- 0.37 mile(s) from IHOP®, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 0.90 mile(s) from Golden Corral®, buffet, Steak House, open for: lunch, dinner, Breakfast is served on weekends until 11:00 a.m. Guests receive 10% off meal when presenting cashier with hotel key.
- 0.37 mile(s) from Kickback Jacks, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.36 mile(s) from Locked & Loaded Bar & Grill, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.39 mile(s) from Tripps, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.96 mile(s) from Captain Stanley's Calabash, full service, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.53 mile(s) from Zaxby's® Chicken, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.50 mile(s) from McDonald's®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 0.54 mile(s) from Kentucky Fried Chicken, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.58 mile(s) from Grill '57, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.70 mile(s) from Burger King®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.02 mile(s) from Bo Jangle's®, fast food, Cajun, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.58 mile(s) from Applebee's® Bar & Grill, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.69 mile(s) from Rudino's Pizza & Grinders, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.83 mile(s) from Chick-Fil-A®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.90 mile(s) from La Roma Pizza, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Pizza Hut®, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Papa John's, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.13 mile(s) from Taco Bell, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from Kaze Japanese Steakhouse, full service, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner, Guests receive 10% off meal when presenting hotel key to cashier.
- 2.33 mile(s) from Domino's®, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.10 mile(s) from La Cocina Mexican, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
Best Western Plus Edison Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Garner. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean