BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn
5345 Market Street, Wilmington, NC 28405-3505
Phone: 910/799-4292 | Fax: 910/799-3994 | 92 Rooms | Online Reservations
Our University of North Carolina Wilmington hotel offers Southern hospitality, spacious rooms and a great value for guests who want to be near the beaches.
With close proximity to Wrightsville Beach, our Wilmington hotel is a great value. Our unbeatable location offers access to easily explore the area. Miller-Motte College, Cape Fear Community College, and University of North Carolina at Wilmington hotels understand that visiting students, staff and faculty also need some peace and quiet while traveling.
Our Wilmington, North Carolina hotel puts the comfort of guests first. We’re close to everything, including downtown, the airport, shopping and dining. Local colleges and universities bring in out of town travelers regularly, including visiting sports teams. We’re close to Carolina Beach,Kure Beach, Wrightsville Beach, Topsail Island, and Figure 8 Island, all top destinations for water recreation during warm summer months.
The Azalea Festival is a must-see event, and the Fort Fisher Aquarium is just minutes from our Wilmington hotel and a great spot for traveling families. From Wrightsville Beach to Downtown Wilmington, there’s always something happening nearby. Wilmington is home to the The USS North Carolina Wilmington, another great attraction where tours are offered. Wilmington is also known as "East Hollywood" , with many films and TV shows shot here by Screen Gems Studio, including Revolution, Iron Man 3 and Dawson’s Creek, Sleepy Hollow and many more. Tours are also available at Screen Gems Studio. Ask our staff to set a tour up for you.
At our Wilmington hotel, a number of business travelers also consider us their home away from home. Wilmington is also known as the Port City and many shipping companies do business here. General Electric, PPD, Verizon, Corning and medical services personnel come from all over to stay at our Wilmington hotel.
Reserve a well-appointed BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn room and enjoy your trip in comfort!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice and coffee
- Outdoor pool
- Exercise facility, 24-hour
- Weight lifting equipment
- Stationary bike
- Inter corridor
- 24-hour front desk Front Desk staff in available 24 hours and can provide directions, dining recommendations and more.
- Multilingual staff, (English, Spanish)
- Guest laundry, nominal fee
- Dry cleaning, same day service available
- Express check in, available for Best Western Rewards Members
- Express check out Folio can be emailed to guest, recieved at check out at the front desk or placed underneath the door prior to checkout
- Late check out
- Safe deposit box
- Cable or satellite television Cable ( HBO, ESPN, HGTV,TNT, ABC, CNN and many more)
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center, complimentary, open 24-hours
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy services
- Photocopy machine
- Dataports, complimentary
- Mail services USPS, UPS, FedEx are available.
- Convenience store/Sundry We have a full sundry shop on site and convenience stores within a 3 mile radius.
- Hearing impaired services
- Physically challenged facilities
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines Ice Machines and Drink Machines are on every floor.
- Gift shop or newsstand We have the USA Today free of charge and our local Star News on site.
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Barbeque grills
- High speed Internet access
- Complimentary motor coach parking
- Sweet Shoppe
BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus university inn in Wilmington.
BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn
Conveniently located, the best western plus university inn in Wilmington, North Carolina is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 34.247005 / Latitude: -77.872225
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: I-40 East. Coming into Wilmington NC continue straight onto I-40, it then turns into North College Road. After you pass the intersection of Martin Luther King Boulevard start looking for the exit sign to Business 17. Take that exit ramp, you will go around a curve and the BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn is located right across from the stop light.
From: 17 North. Once you get into Wilmington the BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn is located on Business 17, also known as Market Street.
From: 17 South. Continue onto 17 South until you see the exits to the battleship. Once you pass over the river you will take the turn to Wrightville Beach. Follow that road until you come to the intersection of Martin Luther King Boulevard. Turn left and take the exit that says Business 17. You will come to a stop light. The BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn is located across from the stop light.
From: Highway 74. Highway 17/74/76 all run together once you get into Brunswick County. Take the exit to Wrightsville Beach, follow that road until you reach Martin Luther King Parkway. At that stop light turn left on to College Road. Follow College Road until you see an exit sign for Business 17. Once you reach the stop light the BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn is located across the street.
BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Avoid those pesky bunkers when you play 18 holes at the Beau Rivage Golf Course. Your next visit to Wilmington and the North Carolina coast should include a round of exceptional golf at Beau Rivage. Not far inland from the Atlantic Ocean, and just off of Carolina Beach Rd., the Beau Rivage Golf Course is a challenge for even the most experienced golfer.
Completed in 1861, the Bellamy Mansion Museum is a historic attraction set in downtown Wilmington on the North Carolina coast. The former home of man-about-town Dr. John D. Bellamy, the 22-room mansion is now a combination history and art museum.
Open Tuesday through Sunday till 5 p.m. Bellamy Mansion features house tours for those interested in antebellum architecture, Civil War history, botany, and North Carolina heritage.
Carolina Beach State Park yields six miles of hiking trails, picnic spots, and fishing at the marina. Other activities include wildlife and nature viewing, natural history exhibits in the visitor center at this North Carolina state park.
Set on North Front Street, the Cotton Exchange is located near the North Carolina coast in Historic Downtown Wilmington. Once an industrious downtown complex, the Cotton Exchange was renovated as an entertainment district in the mid-1970s.
Today, the Cotton Exchange of Wilmington features over 20 boutique shops and eateries comprised of eight historic yet restored structures. Yielding local shops, wares, and cafés, the Cotton Exchange is open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Sundays from noon to 4 p.m. – plus free parking to boot.
Established in 1861, Fort Fisher Historic Museum is located in Kure Beach on the North Carolina coast near Wilmington. Found on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, Ft. Fisher was a Confederate, Civil War military post.
Covering 200 acres on Pleasure Island, historic Fort Fisher was in use from 1861 to the end of the war in 1865. Open Tuesday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., FF offers 15 wayside exhibits along the fort trails, and indoor exhibits like Fiber-Optic Battle Map and the Ladies of Fort Fisher.
Set in New Hanover County, Kure Beach is a coastal community set on the Atlantic Ocean near Wilmington. A scenic spot on the North Carolina coast, Kure Beach is located on Pleasure Island north of Fort Fisher.
Kure Beach features eight public beaches, a multiple of seafood eateries, and the historic Kure Beach Fishing Pier. Check out beachside boutiques like the Blue Marlin Beach Shop, the Ft. Fisher Trading Post, and the Sand Box Gift Shop.
In North Carolina, make your way east to the coast and head for Wilmington. A charming and pleasant coastal city, Wilmington is not far from Leland and is a sterling choice for your next visit. Once in Wilmington, keep your eyes and ears open for exciting soccer action. Just head for Legion Stadium on your spring or summer visit to Wilmington and check out the Wilmington Hammerheads play a match.
Opened in the 1930s, Legion Stadium seats nearly 6,000 fans and is only one aspect of the Legion Sports Complex. The Hammerheads, a member of the USL Professional division, kick off their season in April and play matches through August. You'll be surrounded by much to see and do while you visit the coast and Wilmington – make visiting Legion Stadium a part of the agenda.
Originally known as Wilmington College, the University of North Carolina Wilmington is found along the NC coast, just east of downtown Wilmington. Established in 1947, UNC Wilmington became part of the University of North Carolina System (17 campuses across the state) in 1969. With such a close proximity to the Atlantic Ocean, UNC Wilmington features a highly ranked marine science program. UNC Wilmington is home to the National Undersea Research Center.
Make the drive in from nearby Leland and check out the UNC Wilmington campus or some local attractions. You won't want to miss out on the excitement of college basketball – visit Trask Coliseum, home of the UNC Wilmington Seahawks men's basketball team. Get out and explore Wilmington and check out Battleship North Carolina, or Legion Stadium, home of the Wilmington Hammerheads of the USL Professional Division (soccer).
A public use airpark, Wilmington International Airport (ILM) serves the city of Wilmington on the North Carolina Coast. Formerly Bluethenthal Field, ILM features two runways and a one, eight-gate terminal.
Opened in 1927, ILM is serviced by Delta Airlines and US Airways. ILM is owned by New Hanover County, and operated by the Wilmington Airport Authority.
Established in 1979, the Wilmington Railroad Museum commemorates the 161-mile Wilmington & Weldon Railroad of 1840. Located in Wilmington on the North Carolina coast, WRM features galleries, gift shops, and museum events.
The Wilmington Railroad Museum features family-friendly exhibits on the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad and train industry in general. Check out depot replicas, model trains, real steam engines and train cars, and a kids’ area.
Home to 2,600 people, Wrightsville Beach is a beach-community located on the North Carolina coast just east of Wilmington. Wrightsville is known for Harbor Island and a four-mile island in the Atlantic Ocean.
Visitors to Wrightsville Beach may enjoy fishing on Johnny Mercer's Pier, try surfing with WB Surf Camp or the Tony Silvagni Surf School, or walk the 2.5-mile Wrightsville Beach Loop. Browse through surf shops, enjoy fresh seafood, and check out holiday events and surf competitions on the beach.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 2.00 mile(s) from Wilmington Sharks, baseball
- 4.00 mile(s) from Cape Fear Museum, history and science
- 4.00 mile(s) from Children's Museum of Wilmington
- 4.00 mile(s) from Henrietta III, downtown sightseeing and dinner cruises
- 4.00 mile(s) from Wilmington Railroad Museum
- 4.00 mile(s) from Thalian Hall Center for Performing Arts, Inc.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Cape Fear Serpentarium, snake zoo
- 6.00 mile(s) from Louise Wells Cameron Art Museum
- 7.00 mile(s) from USS North Carolina Battleship
- 9.00 mile(s) from Poplar Grove Plantation
- 15.00 mile(s) from Tregembo Animal Park
- 30.00 mile(s) from North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher
- 1.00 mile(s) from Walmart®
- 2.00 mile(s) from Kmart
- 2.00 mile(s) from Best Buy
- 3.00 mile(s) from Target
- 4.00 mile(s) from Marshalls
- 4.00 mile(s) from Westfield Shoppingtown Independence, indoor mall
- 4.00 mile(s) from Mayfaire Town Center, outdoor mall
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 57.00 mile(s) from Jacksonville
- 67.00 mile(s) from Swansboro
- 84.00 mile(s) from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- 78.00 mile(s) from Lumberton
- 86.00 mile(s) from New Bern
- 94.00 mile(s) from Fayetteville
- 101 mile(s) from Smithfield
- 128 mile(s) from Raleigh
- 204 mile(s) from Charlotte
- 234 mile(s) from Lexington
- 1.00 mile(s) from Wells Fargo
- 2.00 mile(s) from Lowes Foods
- 2.00 mile(s) from Bank of America
- 2.00 mile(s) from BB&T
- 2.00 mile(s) from State Employees Credit Union
- 2.00 mile(s) from Food Lion
- 2.00 mile(s) from Harris Teeter
- 2.00 mile(s) from Walgreens
- 2.00 mile(s) from CVS
- 2.00 mile(s) from Rite Aid
- 2.00 mile(s) from Cape Fear Hospital, New Hanover county hospital
- 3.00 mile(s) from NextCare Urgent Care
- 3.00 mile(s) from Corning Corporation, specialty glass and ceramics
- 4.00 mile(s) from New Hanover Regional Medical Center, New Hanover County hospital
- 4.00 mile(s) from Wilmington Shipping Company, import/export
- 7.00 mile(s) from GE, aircraft engine parts manufacturing
- 10.00 mile(s) from DuPont, chemicals, materials and energy
- 2.00 mile(s) from Miller-Motte College
- 3.00 mile(s) from University of North Carolina Wilmington
- 5.00 mile(s) from Cape Fear Community College
- 5.00 mile(s) from Shaw University
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- 1.00 mile(s) from Break Time and Ten Pin Alley
- 3.00 mile(s) from Hugh MacRae Park
- 3.00 mile(s) from Jellybeans Family Skate Center
- 3.00 mile(s) from The Wilmington Ice House
- 4.00 mile(s) from Jungle Rapids, family fun and water park
- 4.00 mile(s) from Wrightsville Beach
- 5.00 mile(s) from Wilmington Fishing Charters
- 30.00 mile(s) from Fort Fisher Air Force Recreation Area
- 30.00 mile(s) from Carolina Beach
- Adjacent to IHOP, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Across the street from Olive Garden, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- Across the street from Ruby Tuesday's, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- Across the street from Carrabba's, full service, Italian, open for: dinner
- 0.50 mile(s) from Hieronymus Seafood, full service, seafood, open for: lunch, dinner, locally owned and operated. Unique local design and flavor. Discount cards provided to guests.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Surf's Bar & Grill, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, locally owned and operated. Great local feel and outstanding food!!
- 1.00 mile(s) from Golden Corral, buffet, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Hiro's, full service, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Texas Roadhouse, full service, steak house, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Chic-fil-A, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Wendy's, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Jersey Mikes, deli, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from McDonald's®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Taco Bell, fast food, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Arby's, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Hardee's, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Dunkin Donuts, coffee shop, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Starbucks, coffee shop, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Elizabeth's Pizza, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, locally owned and operated. Unique atmosphere affordable dining.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Oceanic Restaurant, full service, seafood, open for: lunch, dinner, ocean front dining with optional pier seating over the ocean. Locally owned and operated. Mid scale priced. Excellent oceanfront atmosphere.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Dockside, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, casual dining on the Intercoastal Waterway. Optional dock seating on the water. Beautiful views. Reasonable prices.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Elijah's, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, historic downtown Wilmington dining on the Cape Fear River. Optional outside seating. Attached to the riverfront boardwalk in the historic district. Priced mid to upper scale.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Circa 1922, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, historic downtown Wilmington. Local flavor and flair. Mid to upper scaled priced.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Ruth's Chris, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 4.00 mile(s) from Port City Chop House, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Wilmington. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Batty Battleship's Halloween Bash Calling all ghosts, ghouls, witches, and mummies to the Battleship North Carolina for games, music, and storytelling. This event is from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Cucalorus Film Festival Participate in this fun film festival taking place at different venues around Downtown Wilmington. Check for event times.
Kill Devil Hills Winter Lights
Held near Kill Devil Hills, the Winter Lights transforms the Elizabethan Gardens into a winter wonderland for 22 days.
Tarboro NC Symphony Holiday Pops
Various holiday concerts are performed at Tarboro's Edgecombe Community College.
Greenville Poinsettia Christmas Parade
The annual holiday tradition of Greenville gets underway at 6 p.m.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean