BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn
5345 Market Street, Wilmington, NC 28405-3505
Phone: 910/799-4292 | Fax: 910/799-3994 | 92 Rooms | Online Reservations
Our University of North Carolina Wilmington hotel offers Southern hospitality, spacious rooms and a great value for guests who want to be near the beaches.
With close proximity to Wrightsville Beach, our Wilmington hotel is a great value. Our unbeatable location offers access to easily explore the area. Miller-Motte College, Cape Fear Community College, and University of North Carolina at Wilmington hotels understand that visiting students, staff and faculty also need some peace and quiet while traveling.
Our Wilmington, North Carolina hotel puts the comfort of guests first. We're close to everything, including downtown, the airport, shopping and dining. Local colleges and universities bring in out of town travelers regularly, including visiting sports teams. We're close to Carolina Beach,Kure Beach, Wrightsville Beach, Topsail Island, and Figure 8 Island, all top destinations for water recreation during warm summer months.
The Azalea Festival is a must-see event, and the Fort Fisher Aquarium is just minutes from our Wilmington hotel and a great spot for traveling families. From Wrightsville Beach to Downtown Wilmington, there's always something happening nearby. Wilmington is home to the The USS North Carolina Wilmington, another great attraction where tours are offered. Wilmington is also known as "East Hollywood" , with many films and TV shows shot here by Screen Gems Studio, including Revolution, Iron Man 3 and Dawson's Creek, Sleepy Hollow and many more. Tours are also available at Screen Gems Studio. Ask our staff to set a tour up for you.
At our Wilmington hotel, a number of business travelers also consider us their home away from home. Wilmington is also known as the Port City and many shipping companies do business here. General Electric, PPD, Verizon, Corning and medical services personnel come from all over to stay at our Wilmington hotel.
Reserve a well-appointed BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn room and enjoy your trip in comfort!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of eggs, breakfast meat, breads, sweets, oatmeals, grits, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, juices, teas and coffee
- Outdoor pool Seasonal Outdoor Pool
- Exercise facility, 24 Hour Fitness center with elliptical, treadmill, butterfly machine, leg press and leg extension machine, and a 4-in-1 machine. Guest Room Key access available 24-hours a day.
- Weight lifting equipment
- Stationary bike
- Inter corridor
- 24-hour front desk Front Desk staff in available 24 hours and can provide directions, dining recommendations and more.
- Multilingual staff, (English, Spanish)
- Guest laundry, nominal fee
- Dry cleaning, same day service available
- Express check in, available for Best Western Rewards Members
- Express check out Folio can be emailed to guest, recieved at check out at the front desk or placed underneath the door prior to checkout
- Late check out
- Safe deposit box
- Cable or satellite television Cable ( HBO, ESPN, HGTV,TNT, ABC, CNN and many more)
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center, complimentary, open 24-hours
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy services
- Photocopy machine
- Dataports, complimentary
- Mail services USPS, UPS, FedEx are available.
- Convenience store/Sundry We have a full sundry shop on site and convenience stores within a 3 mile radius.
- Hearing impaired services
- Physically challenged facilities
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines Ice Machines and Drink Machines are on every floor.
- Gift shop or newsstand We have the USA Today free of charge and our local Star News on site.
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Barbeque grills
- High speed Internet access
- Complimentary motor coach parking and truck parking
- Business center
- Outdoor pool
- Fitness center
BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus university inn in Wilmington.
BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn
Conveniently located, the best western plus university inn in Wilmington, North Carolina is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 34.247005 / Latitude: -77.872225
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: I-40 East. Coming into Wilmington NC continue straight onto I-40, it then turns into North College Road. After you pass the intersection of Martin Luther King Boulevard start looking for the exit sign to Business 17. Take that exit ramp, you will go around a curve and the BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn is located right across from the stop light.
From: 17 North. Once you get into Wilmington the BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn is located on Business 17, also known as Market Street.
From: 17 South. Continue onto 17 South until you see the exits to the battleship. Once you pass over the river you will take the turn to Wrightsville Beach. Follow that road until you come to the intersection of Martin Luther King Boulevard. Turn left and take the exit that says Business 17. You will come to a stop light. The BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn is located across from the stop light.
From: Highway 74. Highway 17/74/76 all run together once you get into Brunswick County. Take the exit to Wrightsville Beach, follow that road until you reach Martin Luther King Parkway. At that stop light turn left on to College Road. Follow College Road until you see an exit sign for Business 17. Once you reach the stop light the BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn is located across the street.
BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Avoid those pesky bunkers when you play 18 holes at the Beau Rivage Golf Course. Your next visit to Wilmington and the North Carolina coast should include a round of exceptional golf at Beau Rivage. Not far inland from the Atlantic Ocean, and just off of Carolina Beach Rd., the Beau Rivage Golf Course is a challenge for even the most experienced golfer.
Be sure to pack your clubs when you next visit the coast of NC – there's a wealth of golf waiting for you. You might consider yourself a good player, maybe even very good – what better way to test out such a theory than by playing 18 impressive – and challenging – holes at Beau Rivage Golf Course.
Completed in 1861, the Bellamy Mansion Museum is a historic attraction set in downtown Wilmington on the North Carolina coast. The former home of man-about-town Dr. John D. Bellamy, the 22-room mansion is now a combination history and art museum.
Open Tuesday through Sunday till 5 p.m. Bellamy Mansion features house tours for those interested in antebellum architecture, Civil War history, botany, and North Carolina heritage.
Carolina Beach State Park yields six miles of hiking trails, picnic spots, and fishing at the marina. Other activities include wildlife and nature viewing, natural history exhibits in the visitor center at this North Carolina state park.
Set on North Front Street, the Cotton Exchange is located near the North Carolina coast in Historic Downtown Wilmington. Once an industrious downtown complex, the Cotton Exchange was renovated as an entertainment district in the mid-1970s.
Today, the Cotton Exchange of Wilmington features over 20 boutique shops and eateries comprised of eight historic yet restored structures. Yielding local shops, wares, and cafés, the Cotton Exchange is open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Sundays from noon to 4 p.m. – plus free parking to boot.
Established in 1861, Fort Fisher Historic Museum is located in Kure Beach on the North Carolina coast near Wilmington. Found on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, Ft. Fisher was a Confederate, Civil War military post.
Covering 200 acres on Pleasure Island, historic Fort Fisher was in use from 1861 to the end of the war in 1865. Open Tuesday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., FF offers 15 wayside exhibits along the fort trails, and indoor exhibits like Fiber-Optic Battle Map and the Ladies of Fort Fisher.
Kure Beach During the Summer
Set in New Hanover County, Kure Beach is a coastal community set on the Atlantic Ocean near Wilmington.
Kure Beach features eight public beaches, a multiple of seafood eateries, and the historic Kure Beach Fishing Pier.
Check out beachside boutiques like the Blue Marlin Beach Shop, the Ft. Fisher Trading Post, and the Sand Box Gift Shop.
In North Carolina, make your way east to the coast and head for Wilmington. A charming and pleasant coastal city, Wilmington is not far from Leland and is a sterling choice for your next visit. Once in Wilmington, keep your eyes and ears open for exciting soccer action. Just head for Legion Stadium on your spring or summer visit to Wilmington and check out the Wilmington Hammerheads play a match.
Opened in the 1930s, Legion Stadium seats nearly 6,000 fans and is only one aspect of the Legion Sports Complex. The Hammerheads, a member of the USL Professional division, kick off their season in April and play matches through August. You'll be surrounded by much to see and do while you visit the coast and Wilmington – make visiting Legion Stadium a part of the agenda.
See authentic history in North Carolina. Moores Creek National Battlefield honors the site of the Battle of Moore's Creek Bridge during the Revolutionary War. The battle ended any hopes of British forces occupying North Carolina and figures prominently in regional North Carolina Coast history.
From the visitors' center, guests can take a tour of the history trail, which circles across peaceful scenery and features monuments of important figures and events during the battle. The park also includes the bridge over Moores Creek, reconstructed to look as it did during the battle and contains bountiful picnic space, perfect for traveling families. The park is located near U.S. Highway 421, near Wilmington.
Originally known as Wilmington College, the University of North Carolina Wilmington is found along the NC coast, just east of downtown Wilmington. Established in 1947, UNC Wilmington became part of the University of North Carolina System (17 campuses across the state) in 1969.
With such a close proximity to the Atlantic Ocean, UNC Wilmington features a highly ranked marine science program. UNC Wilmington is home to the National Undersea Research Center.
Make the drive in from nearby Leland and check out the UNC Wilmington campus or some local attractions. You won't want to miss out on the excitement of college basketball – visit Trask Coliseum, home of the UNC Wilmington Seahawks men's basketball team.
A public use airpark, Wilmington International Airport (ILM) serves the city of Wilmington on the North Carolina Coast. Formerly Bluethenthal Field, ILM features two runways and a one, eight-gate terminal.
Opened in 1927, ILM is serviced by Delta Airlines and US Airways. ILM is owned by New Hanover County, and operated by the Wilmington Airport Authority.
Established in 1979, the Wilmington Railroad Museum commemorates the 161-mile Wilmington & Weldon Railroad of 1840. Located in Wilmington on the North Carolina coast, WRM features galleries, gift shops, and museum events.
The Wilmington Railroad Museum features family-friendly exhibits on the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad and train industry in general. Check out depot replicas, model trains, real steam engines and train cars, and a kids’ area.
Enjoy a Day at Wrightsville Beach
Wrightsville is known for Harbor Island and a four-mile island in the Atlantic Ocean.
Visitors to Wrightsville Beach may enjoy fishing on Johnny Mercer's Pier, try surfing with WB Surf Camp or the Tony Silvagni Surf School, or walk the 2.5-mile Wrightsville Beach Loop.
Browse through surf shops, enjoy fresh seafood, and check out holiday events and surf competitions on the beach.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 2.00 mile(s) from Wilmington Sharks, baseball
- 4.00 mile(s) from Cape Fear Museum, history and science
- 4.00 mile(s) from Children's Museum of Wilmington
- 4.00 mile(s) from Henrietta III, downtown sightseeing and dinner cruises
- 4.00 mile(s) from Wilmington Railroad Museum
- 4.00 mile(s) from Thalian Hall Center for Performing Arts, Inc.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Cape Fear Serpentarium, snake zoo
- 6.00 mile(s) from Louise Wells Cameron Art Museum
- 7.00 mile(s) from USS North Carolina Battleship
- 9.00 mile(s) from Poplar Grove Plantation
- 15.00 mile(s) from Tregembo Animal Park
- 30.00 mile(s) from North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher
- 1.00 mile(s) from Walmart®
- 2.00 mile(s) from Kmart
- 2.00 mile(s) from Best Buy
- 3.00 mile(s) from Target
- 4.00 mile(s) from Marshalls
- 4.00 mile(s) from Westfield Shoppingtown Independence, indoor mall
- 4.00 mile(s) from Mayfaire Town Center, outdoor mall
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- 1.00 mile(s) from Break Time and Ten Pin Alley
- 3.00 mile(s) from Hugh MacRae Park
- 3.00 mile(s) from Jellybeans Family Skate Center
- 3.00 mile(s) from The Wilmington Ice House
- 4.00 mile(s) from Jungle Rapids, family fun and water park
- 4.00 mile(s) from Wrightsville Beach
- 5.00 mile(s) from Wilmington Fishing Charters
- 30.00 mile(s) from Fort Fisher Air Force Recreation Area
- 30.00 mile(s) from Carolina Beach
- Adjacent to IHOP®, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Across the street from Olive Garden®, bar/lounge, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.20 mile(s) from Bonefish Grill®, full service, Seafood, open for: dinner
- Across the street from Carrabba's Italian Grill®, bar/lounge, Italian, Open for: dinner
- 0.50 mile(s) from Hieronymus Seafood, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, locally owned and operated. Unique local design and flavor. Discount cards provided to guests.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Surf's Bar & Grill, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, locally owned and operated. Great local feel and outstanding food!!
- 1.00 mile(s) from Golden Corral®, bar/lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Hiro's, bar/lounge, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Texas Roadhouse, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Chic-fil-A®, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Wendy's®, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Jersey Mikes®, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from McDonald's®, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Taco Bell®, bar/lounge, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Arby's®, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Hardee's®, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Dunkin' Donuts®, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Starbucks®, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Elizabeth's Pizza, bar/lounge, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, locally owned and operated. Unique atmosphere affordable dining.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Oceanic Restaurant, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, ocean front dining with optional pier seating over the ocean. Locally owned and operated. Mid scale priced. Excellent oceanfront atmosphere.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Dockside®, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, casual dining on the Intercoastal Waterway. Optional dock seating on the water. Beautiful views. Reasonable prices.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Elijah's, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, historic downtown Wilmington dining on the Cape Fear River. Optional outside seating. Attached to the riverfront boardwalk in the historic district. Priced mid to upper scale.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Circa 1922, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, historic downtown Wilmington. Local flavor and flair. Mid to upper scaled priced.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Ruth's Chris® Steak House, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 4.00 mile(s) from Port City Chop House, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Wilmington. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
3rd Annual Derby 4 Dogs
Visit Porter's Neck Country Club on May 7th for the 3rd Annual Derby 4 Dogs event. Hosted by paws4people, this event will include a viewing of the Kentucky Derby, with prizes awarded for best hat, and best bowtie.
Wilmington Hammerheads Soccer
Enjoy the action on the pitch this June. Head for Legion Stadium and watch as the Wilmington Hammerheads take on the Bethlehem Steel FC on June 17th in exciting USL action. Game starts at 7 p.m.
At Carolina Beach, check out the 2nd Annual Monster Dash, hosted by the Cape Fear Flyers Running Club. On October 22nd, you and hundreds of other runners can try the 2K or 6K trail runs.
Outer Banks Parade of Homes
The Outer Banks, found on Duck Beach, NC, hosts their annual Parade of Homes, October 6th through 9th. Enjoy touring a wide range of sterling homes across a 60-mile stretch of coastline.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean